Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas!

**jingle, jingle jingle** Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!
So how did everyones Christmas go? Mine was just fantabulos! See.. when people hear that I had 12 presents under the tree everyones jaw just dropped. but people dont get that my family doesn't get each other Ipod Nanos and... Computers... and.... BIG presents. My family gets us presents that we can use.. That'll last us a long time. Such as.. a storage conpartment.. (a froggy one :P) Slippers.. Socks. That sorta thing. I didn't get much uber fun stuff, like that big presents mentioned above. But I dont care.. Christmas isn't about the presents.. it never was... they are just an added bonus.

Christmas time isn't a time to be greedy and to be mean. Its a time to remember Jesus. He was born on this day.. wasn't he? Well.. maybe not on this exact day, but.. this was the day chosen to remember his birth. "Happy Birthday baby Jesus" thats an awesome song "All year long we'll remember, that Precious gift we get from youuu"

Did you know December 25th used to be a Muslim holiday? Christains took over a long long lonnngg time ago, and renamed it Christmas. Bet 'cha didn't know that.
Did you know that... The abbreviation of Xmas for Christmas is not irreligious.
The first letter of the word Christ in Greek is chi, which is identical to our X. Xmas was originally an ecclesiastical abbreviation that was used in tables and charts. In the early days of printing, when font sizes were limited and type was set by hand, abbreviations and ditto marks were used liberally. Xmas came into general use from the church!


Theres so much about Christmas I bet people failed to know becuz a lot of people are SO obsessed in getting there presents, they are forgetting what Christmas is all about. JESUS!

I got a lot this year.. shure. But thats not what christmas is about. Its about remebering Jesus' birth, and celebrating! So celebrate People of God! CELEBRATE! And always remember, the true meaning of christmas.

Theres my rambling for the day..
Love you all
and hope your christmas was full of jesus and family fun
<3shayna

2 comments:

Kinza said...

Hey!
I like what you said! This year I really didn't know what to ask for. I have almost everything I really want! And when I showed my Christmas wish list my mom was like You're saposed to give a long list so you won't have any idea on what you'll get!!! LOL!!!

It's too bad that people get sooo sucked into presents and that other stuff. True that is a big part and that it's a long holiday excuse... but what about the Christmas Story?!?!?!?! If there was no Christmas Story there would be no Christmas!!

I'm glad you had a 'fantabulos' Christmas!

Love ya!
Kinza :)

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Happy New Year, Shayna!
Another good post!